Saturday 20 December 2008

Back at the Lane for Christmas

Last weekend I finally had a chance to move Atelier back to the new updated premises at Loner Lane in Port Babbage. Mr Albus Weka has done a splendid job of keeping the fundamental elements of Kaylee's old Loner Lane - which was much loved - and has updated all the units, and more besides, with wonderful new details.



I am extremely grateful to Mr Weka, for I now have not one, but two fabulous rooms for my goods! Both are quite different to each other, so I am planning to have two loose themes. The lower room, which has a curved glass window with some very pretty ornate iron work and a lovely tin roof, will have a workshop feel to it and will showcase more of my 'mechanical' builds such as the clockwork cephalopods and the Time Flies pocket watch. I have already built a new workshop cupboard for this area, which is on sale at 35L, has some very pleasing perspective on the shelves, and is an amazing 2 prims!



Heading up the little ramp and through the wooden door at the rear of the front room will bring you to a beautiful back room. When Mr Weka showed me this room a few months ago, when he was remodelling the site, I instantly fell in love with it. It has wonderful semi-circular windows on two sides, which, outside, are surounded by a litle balcony that runs all the way round both rooms. It's a great place to sit, with a cosy atmosphere, and I have placed a sofa so that customers may take a seat while they peruse the goods. At present the La Mort collection has found a home here, along with the Poisoners and Cupid's Heart brooch, and so this room has aquired a gothic parlour atmosphere in red and black.


My new premises are on the same site as the old Loner Lane Atelier store, so anyone still with a landmark in their inventory will find that using that will bring them directly to the front room! Here is an SLurl for those without - do pop along!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Port%20Babbage/25/217/110/?title=Meadow%20McBride%27s%20Atelier

No comments: