Sunday 8 February 2009

An exciting new main store

Atelier has had a few homes, and I have been extremely fortunate to have had a succession of wonderful landlords behind my retail career. It all started with a dear little shop (something of a broom cupboard!) above the Bakery at Loner Lane, Port Babbage, back last May, when Loner Lane was owned by Miss Kaylee Frye. Miss Frye came up with the generous notion of small spaces for new builders - rent free! 

I had 50 prims at my disposal, and it was a very successful introduction to selling. When the plot was sold to Mr Albus Weka, he was kind enough to ask me back. In the interim period of Miss Frye selling Loner Lane to Mr Weka, I took one of the little shops at my good friend Mr Max Queller's Queen Victoria Arcade in Wheatstone Waterways (now no longer standing). Looking back, I have had some lucky breaks, for which I am very thankful; I have had a chance to play, build and develop my style.

It became apparent recently that I had pretty much done all one can do with a 50 prim limit, and needed a new base and a new project. I was again fortunate to hear of the perfect plot very quickly. And so, I am pleased to announce that Atelier has found its new, much improved, and permanent home, in the Canal District, New Babbage.

Tyger and I had already started a lovely new shop for Atelier - with me haphazardly throwing prims together in roughly the kind of thing I wanted, and he, pulling them into shape, aligning, straightening and generally un-wonkifying them as I went. Not to mention dealing with the cumbersome mega prims I find so tiresome to work with. So when the time came we were pretty much ready to go. And here is the end result!

JUST REZZED Boarded, for now, but soon to be up and running, 
the new main store at Babbage Canals

My favourite parts? The two bay windows on the lower floor, reminiscent of lighthouse lanterns, the copper-hatted 'egg' window above, the wonderful palette of colours in the roof tiles, and the chunky beams in the open attic, complete with a little barn owl - a welcome to the neighbourhood present from my new neighbour Miss Canolli Capalini.


1 comment:

Breezy Carver said...

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the awning !!!!!!!!!!! How adorable and how very very enchanting and Exciting !!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for YOU !!
hugssssssssssssssssssssss
always Breezy XOX !!